Scott R. Armstrong PE
Scott co-founded Armstrong-Douglass Partners in 2004, after gaining significant experience at previous engagements with a structural consulting firm, a structural forensic firm, and a design-build contractor. He leads the strategic direction of the company while remaining closely engaged with clients, projects and staff development.
Scott’s structural engineering experience encompasses a wide range of building types, including:
- Corporate Office Buildings/Campuses
- Healthcare Facilities & Medical Office Buildings
- Civic Structures
- Commercial (Automotive, Banking, Parking Garages, Restaurants, and Retail)
- Worship Facilities
- Education (Higher Education and K-12)
- Entertainment Venues
- Industrial Buildings
- Multi-Tenant Residential (Apartments, Condominiums, Assisted Living, Memory Care, Independent Senior Living, Student Housing)
In addition to new construction, Scott has extensive experience with renovations, evaluations of existing structures, and structural feasibility studies.
Technology and Project Delivery
Scott embraced BIM technology during 2007 and oversaw the implementation of Revit as the firm’s standard project delivery platform. An enthusiasm for exceeding customers’ expectations has led Scott to pursue innovative methods of integrated project delivery, such as being flexible in working directly with owners and developers, and partnering with subcontractors.
- Bachelor of Science in Architectural Engineering, University of Texas at Austin
- Registered Professional Engineer in Texas, New Mexico, Colorado, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Missouri, Louisiana, Mississippi, Iowa, Indiana, Virginia, Georgia and New Jersey (with reciprocity allowing him to work in other states)
- American Concrete Institute
- American Institute of Steel Construction
- National Society for Professional Engineers
- International Concrete Repair Institute